Posts Tagged ‘cream color base’
How does that tongue twister go…
She sells sea shells by the seashore.
The shells she sells are surely seashells.
So if she sells shells on the seashore,
I’m sure she sells seashore shells.
What I like about the MAC Me Over cream color base in Seaside (a soft, pretty peach rose color) is that it rolls off the tongue easily, is delightfully creamy (almost has a watery consistency with great stick) and glides onto the skin smoothly!
Cream color bases are one of MAC’s most versatile, multi-use products because they can be applied as:
- An Eyeshadow Base – wonderful for pigments or shadows that have fall out because the base is tacky and like a magnet, those beautiful flakes of color adhere right to the eyelid
- Face Highlighter
- Cheek Color and as a
- Lip product
Seaside can be used in all those ways EXCEPT the lips according to the package insert.
As an eyeshadow base it offers a sheer wash of color with good base properties.
On the cheeks it’s lovely. Seaside isn’t intense in color so I find it best to use when you want a subtle highlight or glow over your blush and/or over tops of the cheekbone (and brow bone). Note: This product is best used in a patting motion. Rubbing or buffing onto the skin may disrupt your foundation.
I’ve tried Seaside (a limited edition shade) in a variety of ways and love it! The tongue twister…not so much
Availability: MAC stores, MAC counters and maccosmetics.com
Price: $17.50, 0.12 oz
More Thoughts on the MAC Me Over collection:
- MAC Me Over Lady Grey eyeshadow quad review and swatches
- I’m Over the Moon for MAC Me Over Fluidline in Avenue and Dark Envy (review, swatches)
- MAC Me Over First Impressions (photos)
- Coming Attractions: MAC Me Over Beauty Black Book Picks
- MAC Me Over Cream Color Base in Seaside a Tongue Twister? Not in my Book! (review, swatches)
- MAC Me Over Shadestick is a Piece of Cake to Use (review, swatches)
©MyBeautyBlackBook.com All rights reserved. No part of this post (including the photos which I obsess over in a most ridiculous way) may be reproduced without my okay…okay?